Monday, November 2, 2009

Summer fun



Here are a few pictures from this summer. We were down at the lake pretty much all summer. It was great fun for the kids. I made some friends and had four free pools we could go to. We had one at our condo, it was pretty small but the kids loved it. We went almost everyday that we were there. Then I found out Lyndsie Z. lived down there and she had two pools I could use one at her condo and another right next to her condo that she had the code for. Then her man had a pool at his huge house by the golf course that was fun to go to as well. My favorite was the one you see in the slide it was just for kids. They had a section that the deepest part was maybe 2 feet and it had sprinklers that sprayed water in the air then it had a pole with three buckets that would fill up with water and then dump out in different orders in which kids loved to stand underneath to get soaked. The pool part was round with a platform in the center. The water was pushed to go around and around so you could put the kids in a tube and they would float around the whole thing. Plus it was only three feet deep the whole way around and there was a playground right next to it. We went there often because the kids loved it. Kaylee could swim while the boys went to play on the playground and I could lounge out on a chair and get tan while not having to move because I could see all of them since they were close together.

Kaylee became a regular fish she just started swimming all by herself and she became really good at it. I was impressed with how quickly she picked it up. The boys were petrified of the water at first. Seriously they clung on to me for dear life. Slowly though I would get them to go further away from me until all of a sudden Maverick was not scared at all. He loved the water. I would double the boys up they would have a life jacket and a tube around them. The method worked because when they had only the life jacket they would wobble around or their face would be too close to the water and they couldn't move very well. In just the tube they could fall out so by doubling it made it perfect for them... it did work really well. Maverick jumped in several times before I got his life jacket after that and i had to jump in and save him. He was not afraid anymore. Matthew however took it nice and slow he liked to stay on the steps if it was three feet deep but if we were at the kid pool he would play where the sprinklers were. He wasn't a big fan of floating by himself with his life jacket I had to be with him. He still had fun though.

My boys one day though were playing in the shallow part at the kid pool and they ran over to some ladies and spit water on them and thought it was funny and kept trying to do it. I didn't realize it at first then I felt so bad, it was pretty funny though. Kaylee fell in love with her goggles and we couldn't go anywhere without them she is posing in one picture with her green ones and looks completely goofy I love it though!

Then I also have pictures from the fourth of July, Ryan had to work but we had a red, white and blue breakfast. I made pancakes and put whip cream on top with fresh blueberries and strawberries on top. It was really good! Then Ryan had to work so it was just me and the kiddos. Our condo was having a party at the pool so we went down there and they had a limbo contest for the kids. Kaylee was the winner!! Go Kaylee, she was so cute doing it. She got to pick out a prize and she picked a squishy frog. I was a proud mom... then we just swam for a while and later we went to hang out with ryan then I took the kids back to the condo and put them to bed. We didn't really watch any fireworks that night we saw some from our balcony at the condo over the lake which was really pretty but I had taken the kids to a firework show by our house in Columbia that was awesome. I didn't know how much it cost and i couldn't find exactly where it was going to be at so when I finally drove up the lady said it was $10 but I didn't have the money and I was going to have to go get some, but she said, well you are the last one so here you can have this VIP pass and go in. Awesome! We had great seats and the fireworks went along to all different kinds of music, it was the best fireworks show I have ever seen.

No comments: